Are you looking for a car rental? Spain is a great destination to embark on a road trip, and you plan to visit the country at your own pace.
The problem is you don’t know where to start.
Long story short…
There are dozens of rental car companies and search aggregators. But which one is best? Who is going to offer you the best car and the cheapest rate?
Searching around, comparing rates one by one and playing with the dates and times for the car rental is boring and time consuming. But the worst part is that all this time researching doesn’t guarantee you that you’ll find the best deal according to your needs.
It’s very frustrating. I know.
You can’t imagine how many emails I get every single day asking for my help.
Fortunately, I’ve found the perfect solution for you (and for the rest of us!).
If you’re thinking to travel by car rental in Spain, the best way to organize your trip is booking online your car rental through Rentalcars.com. You will avoid the hassle of long lines at the stations’ ticket offices, and you can buy your ticket whenever you like.
The booking process is pretty straightforward. Here are the steps that you should follow:
1.Go to www.rentalcars.com.
2. Use the search box to enter:
3. There are 2 tick boxes below the main search box:
4. Rentalcars.com then proceeds to list all the car options and companies that are available for your trip.
The results are sorted by their own recommendations by default. However, I recommend you to sort by price instead.
Before continuing with your booking, read my car rental advice to help you find the best prices.
5. If necessary, use the left sidebar to apply additional filters to refine your search (e.g. air conditioning, automatic transmission, etc.).
6. Once you’ve sorted out through the options, select a car and click on the “View deal” green button.
7. On the new screen, review carefully all the rental car booking conditions and if you’re happy with it, click on the “Go to book Without Full Insurance” white button.
Make sure you don’t get the insurance offered by Rentalcars. Why? Because their coverage is usually lower than the one the final provider (the company you’re going to hire the car to) offers.
Instead, wait to get to the pick up rental office and get the insurance with the final provider on the go. If something happens to the car, you’ll only deal with the final provider instead of dealing with Rentalcars, which is an intermediary.
8. On the new screen, enter the main driver’s details, the billing address and the payment method. Then, click on the “Book now” green button.
9. Once the transaction is completed, you should receive a confirmation email (make sure there are no typos!).
That’s it! You’re ready to go!
After years answering to hundreds of emails of travelers who weren’t sure on where to book their rental car in Spain, I’m confident to say that Rentalcars.com is the best option to get your car and start your road trip around Spain.
Rentalcars.com is one of the world’s leading car rental agencies. The company works with 600+ local suppliers and provides a large selection of vehicles, a straightforward online rental system, advanced customer service and a myriad of features. You can arrange your car rental in 160+ countries!
The reasons why I recommend you Rentalcars.com are:
I’ve used them in many of my trips around Spain and abroad, and I’ve never had any problem. So, why don’t you try it?
This article is part of a complete tutorial about car rental in Spain where you can read all the information you need to organize your road trip around the country.
Here is a complete summary of all the guide:
1. What’s the best way to travel across Spain: a road trip or take the train?
2. Traveling to Spain by car
3. 10 epic Spain road trips
4. How to book your rental car online
5. How to find cheap car rental rates?
6. 8 Rental car tips & hacks for your Spain road trip
7. Do you need an International Driver’s Licence?
8. Getting around Spain: rental car
9. 6 tips for driving in Spain
10. Car parking in Spain